Workshop Manager/Head Mechanic
About Us: Park Bikes is an independent, family owned store located in Sydney Olympic Park. Our vison is to get more people on great bikes that they want to ride. We have close ties to the Sydney cycling community via club sponsorship, voluntary charity work, and organisation links with high performance institutions such as the NSW Institute of Sport. We share a retail space with Pure Performance Sports Physiotherapy, which allows us to combine our retail bike shop with a high-performance bike fitting and physiotherapy studio.
- 8+ years of experience in the bike industry. Minimum of two years experience in a similar role with leadership responsibilities within a reputable bike workshop.
- Industry qualifications or mechanical development courses desired, but not essential.
- Are proficient in servicing all Shimano, SRAM, and Campagnolo drivetrains; bleeding modern hydraulic disc brakes; wheel-building; setting up bikes to precision fit measurements. Proficiency in suspension servicing and dropper post servicing is desirable.
- Experience negotiating and liaising with suppliers to receive technical support and order parts, submitting warranty claims, and communicating effectively with customers through the course of their customer interaction.
- A high level of computer literacy is highly desirable. Most of our business is run on digital platforms.
- You are passionate about helping customers and the broader cycling community.
- You have demonstrated that you are an effective leader and enjoy fostering a strong team environment which is professional, organised and consistently delivers high service. You also enjoy helping junior colleagues develop their skills.
- You are able to work autonomously, take initiative, think carefully, and solve problems for customers. You also act honestly and ethically, and have a desire to continuously improve in all aspects of your professional life.
- You have strong presentation skills, and ensure that the working environment is generally clean, organised and presentable to customers.
What we can provide:
- Ownership and responsibility of the workshop. You will have the flexibility and autonomy to implement new systems and processes which improve the workshop. You will also have influence over service pricing, staffing, equipment selection and inventory selection.
- A modern work environment, in a brand-new building.
- Dedicated car parking.
- Generous staff discounts.
- A generous and flexible remuneration structure including a base salary and performance bonuses.
Remuneration: AUD65,000-95,000 base salary per annum, highly dependent on experience and skill level, plus performance bonuses up to AUD10,000 per annum.
For more information - please click this link.