Workshop Manager/Head Mechanic
We are seeking a professional, experienced and motivated Bike Mechanic to take responsibility and ownership of the workshop, while acting as a mentor and leader to our other mechanics.
We see the job as either 4 or 5 days per week.
Location: Sydney Olympic Park
What we can provide:
- Ownership and responsibility of the workshop
- A generous salary (based on experience and skill level)
- Flexible working hours including no regular weekend work
- Time off for personal/health/family reasons with sufficient notice
A bit about us:
Unlike many competitors, we are an independent, family owned store with 7 different brands of bikes. We are in our 2nd year of a 5+3 year lease. We have been trading since 2012.
Our space is shared with Pure Performance Sports Physiotherapy.
Our customers range from beginners, families, mountain bikers, e-bikers, recreational road riders/racers up to some of the best athletes in the world. We currently work with many world-class AIS, NSW Institute of sport and NRS athletes competing at the highest level. Our fastest growing category is gravel.
Park Bikes Vision Statement:
Our Vision is to get more people on great bikes they want to ride, while being a leader for bike advocacy in Sydney.
The Major Goal: To assist in the shop’s high level of service.
This is done by:
- Leadership. Fostering a strong team atmosphere that is professional, organised, and consistent.
- Exceptional customer service and operational excellence through continuous improvement.
- Always acting in an honest and ethical manner and upholding and even raising company values and standards.
- Maintaining a high level of skill by keeping up to date with new technology and industry changes & always referring to technical manuals, authorised literature or talking to those experienced in what needs to be done rather than guessing. The right applicant needs to be experienced with Di2, Etap, Campagnolo, bleeding all common forms of hydraulic brakes, wheelbuilding, and setting bikes up to bike-fit numbers with absolute precision.
- Ensuring that the workshop is clean and well-presented at all times.
- Documenting all work thoroughly as per company policy.
- Training/helping other employees from time to time.
If you think the job is for you, please get in touch. All correspondence will be treated with privacy. Your confidentiality is guaranteed.
(02) 8073 4777